Friday, December 14, 2007

God Bless Reddit.com

Without Reddit.com, where would the real news be? Certainly not on TV.

After months of being all over YouTube and Digg, the LA Times finally took notice of the Ron Paul Phenomenon.

And despite being barred from the Iowa Debate, Dennis Kucinich is preparing to try and impeach President Bush!

And unbelievably, the House passed a ban on Waterboarding!

Now for the bad news.

Journalist Seymour Hersh says children were raped at Abu Ghraib, and the Pentagon has videos.

Along the same lines, The Gang-rape of Halliburton employee Jamie Leigh Jones was not an isolated incident, and naturally the State and Justice Depts. are keeping quiet.

Unsurprisingly, the U.S. Government has been busy covertly spreading propaganda on the Internet from Guantanamo Bay.

And finally, Homeland Security Chief Michael Chertoff, preparing for the battle to pass the Violent Radicalization and Homegrown Terrorism Prevention Act of 2007, says that the biggest threat to America is a homegrown attack, contradicting himself.

What happened to global Islamic terrorism?

By now, the bottom line should be obvious. For seven years, the Bush Administration has been scaring the public into giving up freedom for security.

If we allow Congress to pass the Violent Radicalization Act, we would sacrifice the 1st Amendment.

I for one don't find living under the threat of prosecution for dissent to be very safe.

Write your Senators and tell them this Act is treason. And if you haven't done so yet, your deadline is fast approaching. Register to vote in the Presidential Primary. The Ron Paul Revolution rears it's head in just two days.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey man,

My name is actually Andrew Meyer too. Thanks for hogging almost all the pages on Google when searching "Andrew Meyer". J/k.

Anyways, I know you are pretty passionate about political issues and especially current legislation going through Congress.

You should definitely check out the site OpenCongress.org. They are trying to bring together governmental data, news and blog coverage to give people the real story behind bills.

You can even follow your Senator or a particular bill via RSS.

Anyways, check them out.

Here is the OpenCongress bill page for the Violent Radicalization and Homegrown Terrorism Prevention Act of 2007:

http://www.opencongress.org/bill/110-h1955/show

Also, I just wrote about OpenCongress on my blog. Holler at a fellow Andrew Meyer.

Best,

Andrew Meyer
http://buzzyeah.com

Anonymous said...

Hey buddy, just wanted to say congrats on earning the most memorable quote of '07. That's definitely something!
You really think there's a Ron Paul revolution? I mean, I'm as libertarian as the next guy, but come on, Ron Paul is all talk, not to mention he's "pro-life."
BTW, you going down to Diaz's house again for spring break next year?

Led Zeppelin said...

so I ended up here after reading the news about most memorable quote 07,and then watching you on youtube.

would have posted a comment there,but I'll ask you personally instead...did you ever sue them for using excessive force against you? while they could have just lifted you and carried you out.

Anonymous said...

Admittedly, I came to this blog out of curiosity. What I am wondering is how someone quite obviously left of center (that would be you) and someone very far to the right of center (that would be me) are able to find agreement on anything - especially a presidential candidate. With Tancredo out, I have not made my choice between Ron Paul and Fred Thompson yet - but an inside scoop - I am leaning toward Ron Paul.

Although I am not sure we would get along on a number of issues of political importance, I have to give credit where its due. I like your style and admire your support of the 1st Amendment.

Cheers.

John Fyve said...

yo dog u insired me to say DONT TAZE ME DOG when da cops tazered me a few weeks ago lol lol u inspire us al lol lol RON PAUL 08