Sunday, August 30, 2009

Interview with Mark NuYork

I had the chance to talk with hip-hop master Mark NuYork. You can buy his new single "We Made It" or check out "If You Could Understand."

Who do you respect in the rap game right now?

I respect artists like Lil' Wayne for his work ethic, Jay Z, I like newcomer Drake, gotta say Nas, Biggie, Pac, these guys help pave the way. Kanye West, Ludacris, and Common of course.

How do you perceive the opportunities for up-and-coming artists?

To answer this next question I see a lot of opportunities for new artists like myself, especially with the internet right now theres so much ways to get out, shout out to Soulja Boy he was smart to utilize the internet to get known.

Where are you from, and what was it like for you growing up?

Mark NuYork grew up in Brooklyn, New York, east Flatbush. It wasn't easy still not, currently I'm in Florida now.

You once said, "When I get paper, I'll become the hood's savior." How are you going to help people with your success?

One thing about achieving success is you never forget to give back. Not only where you come from but other countries as well, its so many unfortunate people out there. First off though is family my moms gotta get first.

Any questions I should have asked you?

You can let people know I'm thankful I'm around to see a black president. I am on facebook, myspace, youtube, also people can buy my music on either amazon or itunes. New album coming out soon don't have a date yet.

No comments: